Tuesday 22 March 2011

Kelly Clarkson Since u been gone analysis

Another music video that I looked at and gained inspiration from was Kelly Clarkson's 2005 video 'Since u been gone.' The narrative of my music video is also similar to the narrative in 'Since u been gone' as Kelly Clarkson's boyfriend has also left her for another girl. My music video is also the same genre as Kelly Clarkson's 'Since u been gone' as they are both pop/rock genres.






A medium close up is used to show Kelly Clarkson holding a heart locket. This symbolises Kelly's heart break as later she puts it down.































Similarly, I have also used the symbolism of a heart by using a close up of a sketch of a broken heart that the singer has drawn to show she also has a broken heart.












Long shots are used to show Kelly Clarkson trashing her boyfriends apartment as she is angry that her left her for another girl and therefore wants revenge on him. For example, she throws his clothes out of his cupboards, pushes his cd rack over, smashes a photo of him and his girlfriend and rips up his pillows and jumps on his bed. In my music video, I also trashed my bedroom and used long shots to show the singer pushing a chair over violently and wiping papers off a desk to show the singers anger.



















There is also a performance in 'Since u been gone' where we see Kelly performing on stage to a crowd of happy fans. Close up's are used to show her singing in order for the viewer to get an experience of what she would be like to see live. Similarly, I have also used close up's of the singer singing in my music video to promote the singers image and to appeal to my target audience through her style of clothing, hair style etc.


















A tracking shot is used in the video to show Kelly Clarkson's ex-boyfriend walking with his new girlfriend. This shows that he has left Kelly for someone else and thats why she has trashed his apartment. Similarly, I used a medium shot in my video to show the singers boyfriend hugging another girl. This therefore explains why the singer is angry and upset as her boyfriend has also left her for someone else.





















No comments:

Post a Comment