Wednesday 9 March 2011

How I used Goodwin's six points.

My music video follows the conventions of a pop/rock music video by my choice of costume, song, mise en scene and theme of the video. For example, my video is about a girl getting angry and upset with her boyfriend and wanting to rebel. Other artists of a similar genre of music as pop/rock such as Avril Lavigne, Evanescence, Pink and Kelly Clarkson have also used this narrative and theme in their music video's as this would appeal to teenage girls who are fans of this genre. I also used similar clothing and a similar style to some artists of a similar genre in order to attract my target audience and to clearly show my genre of music.

I also used another of Goodwins points as there was a connection between the lyrics and visuals of my music video. For example, accompanied by the lyrics 'people work all day and they go the extra mile and their working hard . . .' there is a long shot which shows the singer sat at a desk and reading through books in her sixth form or college to literally show that she is working hard.

Similarly, there is also a connection between music and visuals in my music video as I have edited most of the shots in time to the music. This therefore, makes the visuals and the music go together and makes my video more realistic and professional.

I also used another of Goodwin's points by using lots of close ups of the singer miming. This allows the viewer to see the singer in action, as if they wanted to see her live, they know what to expect. I have also used recurring images and motifs in my video such as the singer trashing things, for example, she smashes a vase, rips up paper, throws a chair over and pushes paper off a desk. This fully shows the singers anger and draws the viewer in as they want to see what the climax is.

Another point I used was the notion of looking. For example, I used a close up of a phone screen to show the audience the text the singer recieved. This makes the audience feel involved as they can also read her message, which feels like they are looking over her shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment