Friday 18 March 2011

Editing, special effects and filters

When editing, I used some special editing effects in order to improve my video. For example, for some shots, I adjusted the brightness, such as the shot where the singer is crying and smudging her make-up in the mirror. I made the shot darker to reflect the singers emotions as she is upset and heart broken.











I also used special effects such as slow motion in some shots. For example, to accompany the lyrics 'slow it down,' I used a slow motion effect on the shot when the singer pushes a chair over. I did this to show a relationship between the visuals and lyrics as this one of Goodwin's six points. I thought that this effect also emphasises the anger the singer is feeling as she trashes her bedroom.











On the other hand, I also used an effect where I sped up the pace of some shots. For example, I did this for the shot where the singer wipes papers off her desk. I felt that thia was a usefull effect as it made the singer seem more anngry and violent and she did the motion faster which shows her rebellious side.











I also used this technique as well as the slow motion technique in the same shot. I used the faster paced technique when the singer is ripping up a past love letter from her ex-boyfriend, then I used the slow motion technique when she throws it on the floor and stamps on it. I thought this was effective as she looks angrier when ripping up the letter, but then the slow motion used after, contrasts with this to show her emotions and facial expression as she is upset and heart broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment