Wednesday 11 May 2011

Evaluation Question 3

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

After completeing my first draft of my music video and showing it to teachers and students, I recieved a variety of feedback. One of the main critisisms I recieved was that my video was too calm and relaxed and looked more like a pop song and therefore was advised to film more shots of the singer being angry and rebelling as to show that she is heart broken and angry at her boyfriend for leaving her for another girl.



Here is an example of a shot which I removed as it was too calm:
















I acted on this feedback and replaced these shots with new filming that showed the singer's rebellious side and shows how how angry and upset she is. Here is an example of a new shot I filmed and used in my music video to show the singers anger:

















From this feedback, I learned that upbeat pop/rock songs about heartbreak are more successful when the video exaggerates the anger of the singer and shows the singers rebellious side in order for the visuals to suit the rythhm and lyrics of the song and to keep the viewer entertained and engaged. I was also advised to edit the shots of the singer miming as they were too long and therefore the viewer might get bored or loose concentration, therefore, I also learned that fast paced songs need to have fast paced editing to entertain the viewers.

I acted upon this feedback and re-filmed some shots and edited the singers miming to create my final music video. I then showed my video to the same teachers and students and was given positive feedback. Some students said that my video now showed the singers anger and was more dramatic and therefore, entertaining which kept them wanting to watch the video. Another student also commented that my music video looked like an Avril Lavigne video which I was really pleased to hear as this was the type of music video I was trying to create.

From this I learned that I had clearly shown my artists style and genre of music as it had been compared to an Avril Lavigne music video and that my music video was entertaining as the visuals matched the lyrics of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment