Thursday 28 October 2010

Research into my singer

The unsigned singer I have chosen is a young adult from America named Jessica Drake. By listening to a collection of her songs, I have found that her genre is mainly pop/rock. I have chosen her because one of my favourite artists is Avril Lavigne and I think Jessica Drake's style and music is similar to hers. Therefore, I will look at Avril Lavigne's music videos, style and costume and look at the way her record company present her to attract her target audience, which is also mainly teenage girls. I will ensure that the singer in my video, presenting Jessica will have a style to show that her genre is pop/rock by wearing black as this represents the rock genre or black and pink as this would be similar to Avril Lavigne which will attract and appeal to my target audience. This will also be the same case for my digi-pack as costume and style are a key marketing technique. The singer will also appeal to her target audience in the music video through the lyrics of the song as they are about her getting heart broken. Many teenage girls would be able to relate to this, and therefore would be more likely to purchase her cd.

No comments:

Post a Comment